GLP Wins Four Awards at PERE Awards 2021
GLP, the leading global investment manager and business builder in logistics, digital infrastructure, renewable energy and related technologies, is pleased to announce it has been recognised by Private Equity Real Estate (“PERE”) as the winner of four awards at PERE Global Awards 2021.
- ESG Firm of the Year: Asia
- Logistics Investor of the Year: Global
- Logistics Investor of the Year: Europe
- Logistics Investor of the Year: Asia
GLP strategic partners IndoSpace and M3 Capital Partners were also named Firm of the Year: India and Capital Advisory Firm of The Year: Asia respectively.
Ming Mei, Co-founder and CEO of GLP, said: “The PERE awards are the largest and most respected awards in our industry and these recognitions are both an honour and a testament to the hard work of our teams. We could not be prouder of their achievements and celebrate these successes alongside our valued investors and partners.”
Meredith Balenske, Head of Global ESG, said, “Sustainability is deeply etched into GLP’s long-term business strategy, culture and ethos and we remain committed to playing a lead role in how our industry is shaped and doing our part a global corporate citizen.”
GLP accomplished significant milestones in 2021, including:
- Becoming a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Expanding our global ESG policy and launching an enhanced ESG due diligence process
- Raising more than $13.6 billion of equity capital in record fundraising year
- Establishing six new logistics funds in 2021 across diverse geographies and strategies, while onboarding 19 new institutional investor relationships
- Securing prime data centre campus sites across China, Japan and Europe to capitalise on growth opportunities in the digital infrastructure industry
- Increasing global solar capacity by more than 85 percent to 415 megawatts and establishing new partnerships to expand our renewables portfolio to wind and battery storage systems.
PERE is the leading publication for the world’s private real estate markets. Its annual awards follow a rigorous nomination and global voting process that involves investors, peers, and subscribers from the private equity real estate industry. The winner of each of award is determined by industry participants through a highly controlled voting system and GLP has won at these awards every year since 2012.