Flexible build-to-suit opportunities in the heart of the Midlands

G-Park Ashby is a 48-acre development with secured outline planning permission for the development of up to 753,477 SQ FT of warehouse space.  The planning consent allows for the development of either one or two units depending on customer requirements.

The prime development site is centrally located in North West Leicestershire at the heart of the Golden Triangle for logistics. The site, which was formerly
occupied by ‘The Lounge Coal Preparation and Disposal Point’, is being brought forward to be re-developed to provide Grade A modern logistics space in a prime location. The park benefits from excellent access being directly adjacent to the A42 and A511 with links to the M42 to the South, and M1 and East Midlands Airport 10 miles to the North East.

The new unit(s) will be built to GLP’s enhanced specification including an 18 M clear internal height. In line with GLP’s sustainability commitment, the development will be built to BREEAM UK Excellent level standards and will include a range of innovative environmental features, such as rainwater harvesting and an online energy dashboard to help customers proactively manage their energy consumption.

Strategic Location

Ashby serves as a prime location for logistics, being home to a number of leading occupiers and well known brands including Amazon, CEVA, Siemens, Howard Tenens, H K Wentworth and Electrolube who all benefit from an abundant local labour supply and excellent transport connections.

The vacant brownfield site directly adjoins the strategic road network, which makes it prime for logistics. The Transport Assessment concludes that there is capacity within the highway network to accommodate the development.

The proposed scheme includes an access from Corkscrew Lane, providing a more direct link to the A511 and A42. Additionally, a travel/traffic study has been undertaken to explore the travel patterns and behaviour of employees to be assessed in order to identify the need for a potential shuttle bus service, as a means of reducing car use.

A Strategic Location For Logistics

According to data gathered during the 2020 ONS Annual Population Census Ashby benefits from a strong labour pool with a local population In Leicestershire of 1.1M to draw from. Of this population, 344,200 (33.4%) are based within Leicester and the remaining 706,200 (66.6%) in one of Leicestershire’s 7 district authority areas. In the North West Leicestershire district, there are 103,600 residents.


Wage Rates

In 2020 the average workplace earnings for North West Leicestershire District were £566.60 per week compared to a national average of £589.90 per week.



In 2020 there were 43,365 enterprises in the Leicester and Leicestershire area.

Over the period 2011 to 2020 the number of enterprises in the Leicester and Leicestershire area grew by 37.2% compared to a national average of 34.3%.

Sustainability as Standard

Many of our customers require their warehouse buildings to demonstrate excellent environmental performance. GLP is now recognised across the world for delivering industry-leading warehouse buildings that continuously exceed our original environmental aspirations, while supporting our customers’ business operations in many effective ways.

The GLP improved specification includes:

✓ BREEAM® Excellent — to all buildings

✓ WELL ready

✓ LED lighting throughout

✓ Low water spray taps

✓ 12% less embodied carbon than industry standard

✓ 15% less operational carbon in day-to-day operations

✓ Provision for electric vehicles

✓ Planet Mark offered for first year of occupancy to help manage energy use

✓ G-Hive scheme and wildflower planting to improve biodiversity

✓ 100% recycled and recyclable carpets

✓ Painted using VOC free natural paint

James Atkinson

James Atkinson

Development Director - United Kingdom

+44 7890 564941

Headshot of Spencer Alderton, with dark brown short hair and wearing a navy fleece with a light blue checked shirt

Spencer Alderton

Development Surveyor - United Kingdom

+44 7947 959081

Se ha producido un error, inténtelo de nuevo.
Gracias por enviar el formulario.
Black text reading 'Knight Frank' with a red symbol next to it

Charles Binks

- Knight Frank

+44 2078 611 146

Black text reading 'Knight Frank' with a red symbol next to it

James Clements

- Knight Frank

+44 (0) 121 233 6460

Carter Jonas logo with number reading '01212859470.'

Adam McGuinness

- Carter Jonas

+44 (0) 121 285 9471

Carter Jonas logo with number reading '01212859470.'

Nick Waddington

- Carter Jonas

+44 (0) 121 285 9470