Role and Responsibilities;
Accounting ownership of a portfolio of Italian entities, including:
– Coordination and supervision on Bookkeeper monthly report: providing relevant input/accruals, IFRS support, update on new contracts, valuations, specific Group reporting requirements
– Intercompany reconciliations
– Bank reconciliations review
– Ensuring correct VAT treatment
– Support for the Statutory Annual FS of the ITA entities, including: support on notes to the FS, documentation for the BoD approval, filing, cooperation with Auditors where applicable
– Review Property Manager report and coordinate flow of accounting information between PM and Bookkeeper (capex, new leases, accruals, service charge adjustments, rent collection, bad debts, etc.)
Playing a key role in stewardship/maintaining integrity of internal financing structures.
– Input into funds flows for acquisitions/internal transfers/disposals/external financings etc.
– Regular review of intercompany loans within portfolio to ensure compliance with loan terms
– Taking the lead on ensuring correct accounting for cash funding requests throughout the structure
– Liquidity Management: cash monitoring, payments process (approval, comparison with agreements), bank accounts opening
– Bank account supplier procedure: obtain bank confirmations, prepare forms, create vendors on Yardi (the in-house accounting system).
Regular communication with other GLP teams across Europe including:
– Dialogue with intercompany counterparties across the business, particularly in Luxembourg
– Providing context/insight into numbers, particularly for Core team based in London
– Group reporting: Budgeting & Forecasting, Yardi Monthly Report, Overheads, rent collections report, Kyriba Monthly actuals mapping and Forecasting
– Liaising with statutory auditors where applicable
– Active participation in improving processes, or ad hoc support for other requirements of the Group (London-based) businesses
– Answering to other Italian office staff requests / ad hoc queries.
GLP is a leading investor, developer, and operator of logistics real estate. We operate in 11 countries, currently the strongest logistics markets in Europe: France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and the United Kingdom.
Qualifications and Experience;
– Finance Degree
– +2/3 years’ experience – Big 4 preferred.
– Preference for past experience in real-estate sector
– IFRS technical knowledge + Italian GAAP
– Basic knowledge in local taxes rules (mainly VAT)
– Strong communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail, with an ability to take on a wide range of tasks and deadlines whilst prioritizing tasks accordingly and communicating progress against deadlines.
– High level of English