G-Park Ashby de la Zouch is a 48-acre development with secured planning permission for the development of up to 736,487 SQ FT of warehouse space.  The planning consent allows for the development of either one or two units depending on customer requirements.

The prime development site is centrally located in North West Leicestershire at the heart of the Golden Triangle for logistics. The site is being brought forward to be re-developed to provide Grade A modern logistics space in a prime location. The park benefits from excellent access being directly adjacent to the A42 and A511 with links to the M42 to the South, and M1 and East Midlands Airport 10 miles to the North East.

The new unit(s) will be built to GLP’s enhanced specification including an 18 M clear internal height. In line with GLP’s sustainability commitment, the development will be built to BREEAM UK Excellent level standards and will include a range of innovative environmental features, such as rainwater harvesting and an online energy dashboard to help customers proactively manage their energy consumption.

1

Live Cameras

Test

A STRATEGIC LOCATION FOR LOGISTICS

Ashby serves as a prime location for logistics, being home to a number of leading occupiers and well known brands including Amazon, CEVA, Siemens, Howard Tenens, H K Wentworth and Electrolube who all benefit from an abundant local labour supply and excellent transport connections.

According to the 2020 ONS Annual Population Survey the Leicester and Leicestershire area has nearly 1.1 million people.  Of this population, 344,200 (33.4%) are based within Leicester and the remaining 706,200 (66.6%) in one of Leicestershire’s 7 district authority areas. In the North West Leicestershire district, there are 103,600 residents. 

63,800 (61.6%) of North West Leicestershire’s population are of working age (16-64 years old).  The figure for England is 62.4%.  The figure for Leicestershire is 61.5% and the LLEP area 63.1%.

According to statistics obtained from the Leicester Local Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) together with the 2020 ONS Annual Population Survey in 2020, the economic activity rate between the ages of 16-64 in NW Leicestershire was 77.1%, which compares favorably next to the wider east midlands 79% and UK 78% average – what is the average?

Top three employment sectors:

  • Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles (9,000)
  • Transportation and logistics (8,000)
  • Manufacturing (8,000)

In 2020, 56,879 commuted into North West Leicestershire to access employment. This shows the District has a wide array of employers, which attract workers from a wide area.

Adrienne Howells

Development Director - United Kingdom

+44 7908 901 375

James Atkinson

Development Director - United Kingdom

+44 7890 564941

    Alex Eade

    Development Surveyor - United Kingdom

    +44 7398 195 069

    Charles Binks

    - Knight Frank

    +44 2078 611 146

    James Clements

    - Knight Frank

    +44 (0) 121 233 6460

    Adam McGuinness

    - Carter Jonas

    +44 (0) 121 285 9471

    Nick Waddington

    - Carter Jonas

    +44 (0) 121 285 9470