GLP is proud to share that, alongside a broader coordinated global effort, its European offices recently participated in a series of charitable activities targeted at driving positive impact in local communities.
“We are very proud of our colleagues who have put their time and energy into giving back to our local communities,” said Rachel Walker, Head of GLP’s European Charity Committee.
Initiatives included activities such as environmental conservation projects, educational programs, and projects to raise awareness for social causes, with GLP and GCP teams joining forces to help their local communities and beyond.
Approximately 150 GLP and GCP employees across Europe contributed more than 500 collective hours of service to a variety of activities, including:
- UK: The UK team held a charity sports day with a host of activities including Eco Dodge Ball, Bike Ride Simulator and much more, raising money for a number of local charities through doing so.
- Czech Republic: The Czech team offered support to the elderly in a retirement home.
- France: In France, the team engaged in cleaning the famous Canal de L’Ourcq alongside the organisation Kanalien.
- Germany: German colleagues supported the transformation of an old garden at a youth club in Frankfurt.
- Hungary: Colleagues came together to groom and feed animals at a shelter with the Árvácska Állatbarát Egyesület Association.
- Italy: The GLP Italian team partnered with the World Wildlife Fund for an environmental initiative to clean and preserve precious woodland, contributing to a healthier habitat for wildlife.
- Luxembourg: In collaboration with a local charity colleagues took part in “Cleaning the City.” Armed with gloves and trash bags, they took to the streets to beautify public spaces.
- Netherlands: Colleagues in The Netherlands supported a local foodbank, the Voedselbank Amsterdam, by running a food drive in the office to collect essential supplies.
- Poland: The team in Poland also worked with a local charity to create care packages including items such as food, clothing, hygiene products, and other necessities to provide much-needed support to those who are experiencing hardship and uncertainty.
- Spain: In Spain, the team engaged in a food collection to support those in need within the community. The collected items were donated to a local foodbank, Banco de Alimentos de Madrid.
These efforts in Europe connect to a series of “Day of Giving” activities that GLP and GCP are participating in worldwide. These acts are part of the first global initiative under the recently formed Jeffrey H. Schwartz Foundation (“The JHS Foundation”), which was developed to honour the legacy of GLP’s late co-founder Jeffrey H. Schwartz, as well as bring together charitable giving and philanthropic initiatives across the GLP global ecosystem. Backed by GLP and GCP, The Foundation will initially focus on education, environmental conservation, and equity.
“This a fantastic effort that reflects the shared values and commitment within GLP to make the world a better place, in honour of our co-founder’s legacy”, said Walker. “We have seen collaboration from all areas of our business for causes that truly make a difference and help transform communities globally, and we look forward to continuing to build on the success of this initiative in years to come.”
M +44 (0)75 401 455 37