The Finance Manager will be working within the German team, taking ownership of the financial reporting, including day to day accounting tasks, and monthly/quarterly closings. Provide commercial finance support to the German Country Head and the Regional Controller for Northern Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to manage the accounting, finance and reporting for one of GLP Europe’s most important countries, whilst supporting the wider finance team across a range of financial and commercial areas.
Role and Responsibilities;
– Oversight of the bookkeeping and monthly and quarterly closing of the books of the GLP Germany business, with prominent financial stewardship of the country and completing monthly and quarterly financial reporting, including analytical review, to the Core Team in London.
– Other finance-focused commercial reporting and forecasting responsibilities, for example overhead budgeting and regular tracking, analysis of cash receipts and receivables, detailed forecasting of cash flows.
– Management of the Germany Finance team (currently 2 heads, scope for further hires in the near future), playing a key role in their development
– Facilitate the statutory accounts audit (where applicable) and filing for the German group companies on a prompt, timely basis.
– Liquidity and cash management. Debt covenant compliance monitoring and liaison with the Group Treasurer for assets within Germany.
– Commercial finance support to the Germany team, particularly in relation to the Business Planning process and monitoring performance against budget and KPIs, building a strong relationship with the Core Financial Planning and Analysis team to provide in-depth support of internal performance measurement (‘scorecard’) processes.
– Maintain close relationships with other London-based Core Support functions, principally Tax, Legal and Treasury, to support local activities and ensure the highest standards of compliance at that level, taking responsibility locally for tax compliance and other regulatory reporting.
– Technical accounting leadership – IFRS for GLP/Investors and German GAAP for local filings.
– Corporate transaction support for German transactions, including, amongst others, input into underwritings for developments and acquisition deals, leadership on financial due diligence and review and input into transaction legal reviews, preparation funds flow analysis, tenant and other counterparty credit assessments, communication of GLP/fund financial stability, and any required post acquisition integration. Tax compliance and regulatory reporting.
– Management of the outsourced property accounting function and effective management of resources generally, necessary to fulfil the role and deliver on all responsibilities. Maintain close oversight of the accounts payable process to ensure that suitable controls are maintained whilst suppliers are paid promptly.
– Effective utilisation of financial systems (Yardi) and supporting continuous improvement projects to enhance GLP’s usage across the region.
– Involvement and potential lead in pan-European Finance Team systems projects and certain projects, a growing area of importance systems update are underway which demand solid support and leadership from selected individuals across the business. Support of the Regional Controller for Northern Europe is essential on any projects led within that region.
GLP is a leading investor, developer, and operator of logistics real estate. We operate in 11 countries, currently the strongest logistics markets in Europe: France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and the United Kingdom.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills;
– An excellent technical and practical knowledge and understanding of IFRS is essential, as well as a good working knowledge of German GAAP.
– A fluent English and German speaker.
– University Degree or Business School Diploma essential and a strong, demonstrable academic track record.
– The candidate must be able to project manage all the multiple workstreams of this finance function and be rigorously focused on meeting deadlines, an ability which must show through from experience in their previous role(s).
– Excellent communication skills are essential, and these must be supported at interview.
– Strong attention to detail is key given the range and volume of workstreams and a need to balance priorities.
– GLP Europe is a fast-paced European business, part of the wider GLP Group, and we are seeking a candidate who wants to drive a hugely important finance team in a dynamic, pan-European business.
– The candidate must have the confidence, impact and engaging personality to be able to work well with colleagues in country and across borders, and with third party providers.
– Real estate experience is preferred, but not essential.